We have adpoted the 2 x MAIN - TIER 1 NETWORK PROVIDERS/CARRIER PARTNERS IN THE UK- To route & carry our customer's calls, provide their lines & fiber connections:
BT & Gamma Telecom - Widley regarded as the two main providers in the UK
Our first network partner is the BT Network, which is obviously a well proven network in the UK, being the incumbent supplier.
In many cases our new incomming customers are already using the BT Network as their legacy network provider for calls & line rental provision rental.
In such cases, we will often recommend staying with the BT network, but simply migrating their account away from BT Retail, over to ourselves, though BT Openreach & our carrier arrangements with BT Wholesale.
This enables us to swap our customers onto far more competitive wholesale tariffs, unlocking significant cost savings, whilst keeping all of their existing infrastructure, including telephone numbers etc
Gamma is one of the UK's largest providers of voice & data services, switching multiple hundreds of millions of minutes per month over their soft switch infrastructure.
Gamma now carries over a BILLION minutes of voice traffic every month, which equates to around 15% of the total business voice traffic in the UK each month.
They only provide services into the business market and place huge emphasis on the availability, reliability and quality of the national fiber network that underpins their products.
• Ensure very high levels of system availability through multiple layers of technical and geographic resilience
• Support all the network elements of a converged solution, provided as an integrated solution or as component parts
• Support the end-to-end automation of customer transactions between our portal and network platforms enabling customers to place orders, configure services and access a range of product functions, as well as providing a suite of tools to manage billing and usage
• Facilitate the rapid development and deployment of new product functionality
• Do all of the above whilst achieving the lowest regulated industry price points, so we can compete evenly with all the major carriers
In terms of resilience Gammas core network is spread across eight main locations and our key product platforms are located in at least two of these locations, with the ability for each node to act independently should one fail.
As a result Gamma typically achieve a SLA (Service Level Agreement) of “Double Nines” 99.993% Uptime - which is the industries leader.
By design, the network is inherently resilient and operates in a load-sharing configuration. It is capable of handling the full design load of traffic with 50% of the elements out of service.
They operate over 2000kms of fibre formed in a resilient 'figure of eight' architecture around the UK. The network incorporates a number of options for the routing of calls, which are invoked automatically, should the primary route fail. They have points of interconnect with BT and points of presence around the UK and we utilise these to their full potential to give us as many routing options as possible to manage our network traffic.
The service platforms and billing systems are housed in a replicated server environment with several layers of backup systems and process, including off-site storage
• A deep voice interconnect, an integral part of the UK PSTN
• The aggregation of data access services (Broadband and Ethernet), internet peering, as well as a number of locations where we provide direct ‘private’ connectivity to our customers’ networks
• An IP-based ‘soft switch’ that supports over three million busy hour calls
• The core application and service delivery platforms that support our products and associated portal interface
Gamma have carrier interconnect agreements with a large number of operators including BT, Cable & Wireless, Virgin Media, Talk Talk, Orange, T Systems.
As well as peering relationships with a number of IP transit providers including Global Crossing, Packet Exchange and Epsilon and an established presence in a number of the main communications hubs such as Telecity 6/7 and 8/9, Telehouse East and North.
As their core voice network is IP-based, this infrastructure is also used to support our data services. Gamma have four interconnects with BT spread across two geographic locations to support the aggregation and management of our data services (Broadband and Ethernet), which provides a high level of resilience and also the ability to assure quality of service (QoS) for Gamma's VOIP traffic.
They also partner with Epsilon who is well placed to provide service across its pan-European network.