For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is World Connect Ltd. of Aizlewood’s Mill, Nursery Street, Sheffield. S3 8GG
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.worldconnect.uk.com . This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not Ltd to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unless you opt-out, we may contact you from time to time with information regarding new features or products that we release.
For administrative purposes, we may need to pass the information we collect to other companies. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, for example measuring customer service or issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may contact our customers by phone or electronic means (e-mail, SMS etc.) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box during the sign up process.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
You may subscribe to services (such as Fax to Email, Email hosting), which involve transmissions intended for you being passed through, or stored on our systems. Such material is ordinarily kept on our systems for the minimum amount of time practical, but may remain indefinitely depending on the practicalities of identifying material that requires deletion.
We will not ordinarily access this material, except in the event of request by the Police as part of a criminal investigation or by any other legally entitled authorities or where permission has been obtained from you to do so (for instance in the event of tracing a fault).
Please note if you are using our Virtual Receptionist service, our staff may listen to your calls for quality and training purposes.
We have in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to ensure that this is adhered to.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If World Connect Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by sending us an email. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking the box during the sign up process. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.